Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

PaperModelKiosk.com - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Theater Cuckoo Crèche

A far cry from the toy theater of my youth — shown below left — the Theater Cuckoo Crèche features glossy Baroque figures, beautiful music box melodies, and motion.

The must-have cut-out L' Instant Durable edition features a beautiful paper nativity from the museum of Art and Popular Tradition, Innsbruck, Austria. Ever since I first saw the Christmas Crib/Christmas in Tyrol by L' Instant Durable (shown at left) I knew I had to use it to create a special crèche. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Updating the 1927 vintage Italian Putti Nativity

Putti — child winged angels — tumble in a cloudy firmament in this updated version of an Italian vintage original.   
    The original Putti Nativity. Can you spot the differences with the Crèchemania edition, above?  It's always thrilling to see the collection of another crèche enthusiast — albeit from afar.

This was the case when Celso Battistini Castro Rosa shared the paper nativities he loves with his "Presepe di Carta, Paper Nativities" Exhibition ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Christmas 2014

Christmas came early this year — in a practice room far away from home, playing Christmas carols on the recorder and accompanied at the piano by my friend Taesub...

Mother and Child — and Santa Claus? No, it's St. Basil, who brings toys to Greek children on New Year's Day. Greek pop-up card from 1971; the Crechemania Collection.  
    "A Happy Christmas," courtesy of a vintage Greek pop-up Christmas card. 

There's a drawer in the attic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Christmas in the Hills with Celso and Kay

My friend Celso Rosa visits from Brazil to see the Crèchemania Collection — and finds the spirit of Christmas at Kay Kassube's home in the Black Hills...

The Fleur-de-lis Nativity graces Kay Kassube's magnificent year-round Christmas tree.  
    It's Christmas year-round at Kay's Black Hills home. 

Sharing my love of paper nativities with you is the reason for Crèchemania.com, and hearing from you thrills me just as much as discovering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Who said there wasn't a cuckoo at the Nativity? — the Cuckoo Crèche

The seconds tick by, the cuckoo calls the hour, and the band of shepherds, shepherdesses and sheep revolves around the Nativity…

The revolving band curves around and its tabs attach to the bottom of the revolving wheel. 

As the Olympics reminded me, inner and out lanes are of different lengths — and so are outer and inner bands. What I had to do is cut each inner band figure apart, place it on the wrong side of the installed outer band, match it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast