View RSS Feed

Alexis' Blog

1. Turn your Christmas tree into a Crèche tree!

Turn your Christmas tree into a Crèche Tree — Crèchemania's very own, with beautiful musical arrangements by
    Dan Goeller.

How many paper nativities you can get on your Crèche Tree! 

I have been spending pleasant hours during my pre-Christmas travel hiatus to work on the redesign of Crechemania.com. Your response to the new, easier-to-navitage design? Overwheliming: in just a few days, almost 2,000 free downloads have been sent out into the world ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  2. Candles Triptych — A Free Download

In three layers created out of a single sheet, the Magi adore and candles burn brightly — the Candle Triptych.   
    "Up In the Air" is a new movie about a man who lives out of his suitcase, and I can't wait to see it.

I'll be comparing the verisimilitude of the picture with my experience this summer when I was on the go for almost three months.

I've been sharing some of my journey on this blog, but what I haven't had time to share with you ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. Jennifer's Crèche — Yours free, to download and assemble!

Jennifer's Crèche — a colorful depiction of The Adoration of the Magi and Shepherds — is a present to paper nativity afficionados everywhere from Jennifer Hooton of Salt Lake City, and shown much larger than its 8 x 6.25" size.
     Jennifer Hooton. "Alexis, my dear friend," writes Jennifer Hooton from Salt Lake City, "I hope this note finds you well and happy. I have often thought of you throughout the year, wondering what fabulous part of the world you were working in. ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. Cathedral of the Epiphany — The Adoration of the Shepherds Stained Glass Window

The Adoration of the Shepherds Window, Cathedral of the Epiphany, Sioux City, Iowa, by Mayer & Company, Munich, circa 1900.

Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. Cathedral of the Epiphany — The Epiphany Stained Glass Window

Symbols of the Four Evangelists decorate the video frame of the Cathedral of The Epiphany, Sioux City, Iowa, a place, in the words of the Rev. William J. Vit Jr., Rector of the Cathedral, "Where God speaks to us." The Cathedral is filled with beautiful stained glass, created by the world-renowned Mayer & Company of Munich, Germany.

The Adoration of the Shepherds, Cathedral of the Epiphany, Sioux City Iowa. (Mouseover the image to see the removed horizontal support bars.  ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast