Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

PaperModelKiosk.com - Crèchemania Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Crèchemania Blog

1. The Dome Nativity, yours as a Premium Download, Printed Sheet — or as two Miniatures!

Ingenious construction — and beautiful art — create a superb 3-D effect with just three pieces…

Four little angels seem to slide from the beam of a six-pointed star, an Easter dome crowns the manger, and the Nativity literally unfolds under its decorated arches: the Joseph and Mary & Child panels fold backwards, the center post, kneeling magi and Shepherd pieces forward, and voilá! A marvelous 3-D paper nativity stands before you. 
     Collin with his Dome Miniature ...
    Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
  2. A voice from the past — Forrest Womack, a soldier at Iraq war, inspired by a crèche

"I am astonished and awestruck at just how lovely and lovingly detailed this crèche is," wrote United States Military Academy at West Point Graduate Forrest Womack from Iraq, "and I am impatient to see how it will look when I assemble it, having no doubt about its power to inspire…"

Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
  3. Charles Davenport's “Ask Chuck” Paper Modeling Tips & How To's Coming to Crèchemania

Creativity and fun mark Charles Davenport's paper modeling hobby. His step-by-step how to's, techniques, and instructions? They're modeled to encourage beginners and guide the hand of more experienced paper modelers…

In this amazing Charles Davenport diorama, Paris' famed Notre Dame Cathedral isn't just lit by a full moon, but also glows from within — with stained glass window printed on transparency film. (Photo courtesy Charles Davenport.) 
    Charles' ...

Updated 03-18-2011 at 02:13 PM by Moderator

Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
  4. Nostalgia — Real or Imagined?

A 1920 vintage nativity, fresh out of the box from Germany, features soft colors, deep embossing — and 88 years worth of nostalgia?  It seems Saying “Goodbye” — Louis Dausse of Paper Models International hit a chord, because I've been hearing from enthusiasts who were touched by the Dausses' adieu after 35 years in the paper model business. You also found in their story much you could relate to.

Carolyn Hobbes laments that "The Internet is taking over, [and] paper ...
    Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
  5. Saying “Goodbye” — Louis Dausse of Paper Models International

For almost four decades a familiar, beloved, figure in the world of paper model enthusiasts, PMI's Lou Dausse, holding one of the paper models he loves: a P-47 Thunderbolt American fighter plane. (Photo courtesy PMI.)  The rarified ether Carolyn Hobbes is breathing in the Rockies must be giving her clairvoyant powers. How else could she have read my mind? I was just about to blog this page as she was posting the following message to the Crèche Guild:

I am so ...
    Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast