View RSS Feed

Alexis' Blog

1. Christmas 2015

A Theater Cuckoo Crèche brings back memories of Christmases past...

A toy theater proscenium provides the stage for the Nativity — the Theater Cuckoo Crèche. (Mouseover the image above to part the curtains, allowing a moment for the image to draw on your page. Photo © Crèchemania.com.) 

My first toy theater, from long-long ago. For me, it wasn't Christmas without a paper nativity to cut and paste.

And so it was this year, but this ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  2. A Crèche for the Sistine Madonna

A vintage front, a new Gothic apse —a perfect setting for the Sistine Madonna?  
    This vintage crèche features stunning art, a glossy finish and familiar figures.  The story of Raphael's celebrated 1512 masterpiece, the Sistine Madonna, is the stuff of legend.

Commissioned by Pope Julius II for the altar of the Benedictine Monastery of San Sisto (hence the name "Sistine"), in 1734 it was purchased and brought to Dresden, by Augustus III of Poland. ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. Vivid Miniature Nativities — and a brand-new Free Download!

Four vintage, discolored, and torn nativity sheets are preserved as four vibrant Vivid Miniature Nativities...

Vivid Miniature Nativities decorate the Crèchemania Crèche Tree.  
    Vintage nativity sheets in desperate need of some Crèchemania TLC. 

I found myself out of the country, but not without the paper nativities I love. And I may not have had Internet, but I had Photoshop and scans of the four vintage miniature nativity sheets, ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. Musical Angelic Host Nativity

Magi approach the manger, twin angels ascend, an angelic host revolves around a Christmas tree lit up with tiny LED halos, and Christmas carols fill the air…

Lights, camera — I mean music — action! The Angelic Host Crèche 2 comes to life with movement, music, and lights. (Please be sure your speaker is on.)

The vintage Angelic Host Crèche that commands hundreds of dollars. There is no doubt which is the most sought-after paper nativity in ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. Diorama of the Resurrection

Christ is Risen!

The Diorama of the Resurrection is framed by a Gothic tracery depicting the Stations of the Cross. (Mouseover the image above to see a side view.) 
    The first vintage sheet includes the Gothic front and The Entombment of Christ.   The second sheet depicts Golgotha and three figures, including the Virgin Mary. 
      The Resurrection appears on the third sheet. When I was growing up in Greece it ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast