View RSS Feed

Alexis' Blog

1. From Shakespeare's Globe to Sir Christopher Wren's St Paul — Heritage Models' Roger Pattenden

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players… —William Shakespeare

You could watch bear-baiting or bull-baiting in 1599 at London's Bankside Southwark pleasure district — or one of Shakespeare's renowned plays. Roger Pattenden's Heritage Models kit faithfully recreates Shakespeare's Globe playhouse in a 1:150 scale that allows for fine detailing like the Pillars of Hercules (clearly shown in this aerial view of the open-air Globe), the twin columns supporting ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  2. Rev. Thomas Davies Clay's Inspirational Cathedral Quest—& Remarkable Cathedral Models

"A quest to experience the great cathedrals and historic churches of Europe," through travel — and paper models…

Crenelations and diamond-patterned tiles ring the spires, and flying buttresses the apse of the Church of Our Lady — Budapest's 13th century St. Matthias Cathedral — in Thomas Davies Clay's superb 3-D Karton paper model. (Photo courtesy Thomas Davies Clay.) 

Thomas Davies Clay on his Cathedral Quest, with the lacy flying buttresses of St. ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. Alexis' Christmas 2011 Letter

Merry Christmas Friends and Season's Greetings to all…

Miniatures nativities measuring 3.5 inches wide and weighing about .10 ounces or less hang from the delicate branches of this year's Miniature Crèche Tree. 

Play a note, and the Miniature Crèche Tree and its crèches dance on top of the grand piano. 

It isn't just seven year old Grace and 6 years old Allie dancing on Grandpa Mike's knees, but my Miniature Crèche Tree dancing on ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. Investing in paper nativities?

You, too, can invest in a beautiful paper nativity, but not for the hundreds of dollars of the crèche craze on the Internet — the brand-new Gothic Arch Nativity Premium Download. 

"The Frank-Perola Czech Advertising Sheet Free Download, courtesy of Svatava Vizinová. I know the world is going through an economic crisis, but are people really abandoning bonds, stocks — even gold! — and investing in paper nativities?

How else to explain the Internet ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! — Boughs of Holly Card Free Download

It's a time to give thanks…

Shown more than twice its real size of three by five inches, the Christmas Rose Postcard is a vintage die-cut from the Crèchemnia Collection. 

A decorated piece of pumpkin pie provides a welcome break from all the Thanskgiving cutting-and-pasting. The house is filled with guests and wonderful Thanksgiving smells, and I'm sitting at the kitchen table, Turkey baster at the ready.

But also in front of me ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast