View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. A Christmas Card from Darrel & Peter

After I posted the Icon Christmas Card for you (to download, print, fold, and send to someone special) the last thing I thought about was having some competition in the Christmas card business from my friend Darrel.

But here it was, a beautiful Christmas Card (image at left), that captures the true meaning of Christmas in words and artwork. The original watercolor, by Darrel's friend Peter Deming, would be enough to make this a special keepsake. But there's also Darrel's poetry: ...
    Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
  2. St. Joseph Cathedral Nativity — and Stoyko Stoykov's remarkable restoration

Framed by the Adoration of the Magi and the Adoration of the Shepherds, The Nativity, in exquisite relief and color, again adorns the apse of St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls, South Dakota…

Framed by the Adoration of the Magi and the Adoration of the Shepherds, The Nativity, in exquisite relief and color, adorns the apse of St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mouseover the image to see the monochromatic relief that gifted artist Stoyko Stoykov ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. Merry Christmas!

My journey in search of The Nativity takes me to Utica, New York, where the Rev. John E. Mikalajunas, Pastor of the Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, shares his thoughts on the true meaning of Christmas…

Lithuanian Christmas — straw, in honor of the Baby Jesus, is spread on the table under the white cloth, a fir tree is decorated, and the family shares a moment of thanks. (Painting courtesy Rev. John E. Mikalajunas, Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, Utica, New York.) ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. Wild Rose Nativity

Let's be grateful that the flame that ate through the back wall of its manger didn't totally consume the Wild Rose Nativity…

The charming Wild Rose Nativity. Rollover the image above with your mouse to see a side view. 

A candle flame burned through the original manger of the Wild Rose Nativity. Rollover the image above with your mouse to see the Crèchemania color-corrected reconstruction. What to do when a stunning nativity in your collection ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. In search of a Holy Family

It's past midnight and I can hear the wind blowing outside, announcing yet another snow storm. But the fire is burning, Christmas carols are playing, and I'm working with our programmer wiz, Bernie, to find a bug that, suddenly, is telling you that your comments are not posting, when they really are. (So please do bear with us while we're working out the bugs.)

It's so heartening to hear from so many of you, many, many more than clicked our "Post Comments" button. I thank you for ...
    Categories
    Crèchemania Blog
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast