View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Nativity stained glass window, St. John Cantius Church, Chicago

A work of uplifting sacred art, The Nativity stained glass window of St. John Cantius Church, Chicago…

Luminous stained glass frames the Navity video of the St. John Cantius Church Chicago . (Be sure your volume's on, so you can also enjoy the St. John Cantius choir.)  The Adoration of the Magi stained glass window rises from eye level to the very top of the aisle vault of St. John Cantius Catholic Church, Chicago. (The double window at the bottom was open to let in the ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  2. Neapolitan Praesepio—St. John Cantius Church, Chicago

A stunning, museum-quality Praesepio, one of the sacred art treasures of St. John Cantius, in Chicago…

The Praesepio video, framed by decorative elements of the altar of Our Lady of Chestochowa, is accompanied by St. John Cantius choir. (Be sure your volume's on, so you can also enjoy the St. John Cantius choir.)  St. John Cantius museum includes a large-size manuscript of Gregorian music—Brother Nathan Caswell, S.J.C., fills the museum with melodic chant.  If ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. The Marian Altar of Wit Stwosz—Replica, St. John Cantius Church, Chicago

When St. John Cantius was built by Polish immigrants in 1898, its congregation numbered over 1,500 families. But, by 1998, Ogden Avenue and the Expressway had cut a swath through "the Polish Patch" community, and the new Pastor of St. John Cantius, the Rev. C. Frank Phillips, C.R., preached to fewer than 70 souls on Sunday. But Father Phillips realized that the roads that took people away could also bring them back…

Elements of the main altar of St. John Cantius Catholic Parish, ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. I'm Creating a Crechemania virtual museum—but is Big Brother watching?

I'm working on vintage nativities for Crechemania.com's virtual museum galleries. So why am I getting this ominous pop-up messages?

Creating a Web Virtual Museum means sharing beautiful sheets, like this Italian vintage nativity in three folios. Amazingly, age has not dimmed its colors. (Svatava Vizinová Zábrdské Betlémy Collection.) 
    No way, no how: why is Photoshop not only refusing to open this image, but presenting me with troubling messages? (Svatava Vizinová ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. A Southwest Nativity for Children — A Free Download courtesy of Carolyn Loshbaugh

"Please emphasize this is a children's crèche," says Carolyn Loshbaugh. But you know that the Southwest Nativity for Children will not only delight the young — but also the young at heart.

Carolyn Loshbaugh's Southwest Nativity for Children will fill you with delight: there are so many playful pieces — besides the beautifully rendered Nativity figures — you'll find yourself playing "Where's…" with a child. Where's the gila monster? The lizard? The prairie dog? The jackrabbit? ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast