View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Carolyn's Nativity

From Crèche Enthusiast Carolyn Loshbaugh — who wouldn't know what to do without X-Acto knives, trimmers, paint, and rulers — comes a nativity sheet to cut-out and assemble…

[I]Thirteen pieces may be arranged to create this vintage nativity scene.

[B]The original nativity sheet./B]So what do you do when you're in the presence of the majestic Grand Tetons, but holed up at Jackson Lake Lodge because of the rain?

Open ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Spanish Nativity Sheet, Courtesy of Our New Friend Antonio Garcia

From Spain, Antonio Garcia — a Classic Comics and nativity enthusiast — shares Cuadros del Rosario, a vintage nativity…

Cuadros del Rosario, Rosary Boxes, a colorful, vintage, Spanish nativity sheet, Antonio Garcia's offering to crèche enthusiasts.

Antonio Garcia is, "Dedicated to preserving Spanish classic comics, and belén — nativities."Every time I drive up to an ATM and see, "Press 2 for Spanish," I think about how much I'd love to ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Saint Louis, Missouri

A historic church in North Saint Louis is adorned by beautiful sacred art — priceless Emil Frei windows, Byzantine icons, statuary — and is home to a caring priest and dedicated staff who are working hard to keep their church and school doors open…

Golden mosaics from The Holy Trinity Catholic Church altar — The Alpha and Omega (I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End…), The Lamb of God — and communion rail elements (mosaic-inlaid marble posts, gothic arches) — adorn ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. "The Jewel of the South" — St. Joseph Catholic Church, Macon, Georgia

Enter St. Joseph, and you enter a beautiful sanctuary filled with light, music — courtesy of Organist/Director of Music Ms. Nelda Chapman — and incomparable art: the unmistakable, incredible, stained glass windows by Munich masters Mayer & Co.

An angel plays the harp and the Virgin cradles the newborn Child in The Nativity window, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Macon, Georgia. Another angel — Organist/Director of Music Ms. Nelda Chapman — fills St. Joseph, and our video, with divine ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. St. Joseph Cathedral Nativity — and Stoyko Stoykov's remarkable restoration

Framed by the Adoration of the Magi and the Adoration of the Shepherds, The Nativity, in exquisite relief and color, again adorns the apse of St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls, South Dakota…

Framed by the Adoration of the Magi and the Adoration of the Shepherds, The Nativity, in exquisite relief and color, adorns the apse of St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mouseover the image to see the monochromatic relief that gifted artist Stoyko Stoykov ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast