View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A Community Treasure — St. Joseph Cathedral, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(Mouseover the bottom left of screen to play/pause the video; bottom right to mute the music.) Red columns — symbolizing Christ's blood and sacrifice — that frame our St. Joseph Cathedral Nativity — painted by Bulgarian artist Stoyko Stoykov — video will support the new baldacchino, designed by Liturgical Architect Duncan G. Stroik. It will rise high above the altar of the Cathedral and be crowned by a dome. (Architectural renderings by Duncan G. Stroik Architects, courtesy St. Joseph Cathedral.) ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  2. Happy New Year!

Hearfelt Wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

— Alexis
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  3. "The Snow lay on the ground, the stars shone bright…“ Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Greek High School student Níke among the Crèchemania nativities she loves to create — (from left) the Flower Nativity, Svatava's Nativity, The Rams Crèche, and Celso Rosa's Arches Crèche — at the Art Department of Piraeus High School No. 9. (Photo courtesy Kyriakí Potóglou.) 

By way of the Czech Republic and Svatava Vizinová, the Midwest and Crèchemania, to Piraeus, Greece, where a hand-made crèche decorates Kyriakí Potóglou's Christmas tree — Svatava's Nativity.
    Outside ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  4. Turn your Christmas tree into a Crèche tree!

Turn your Christmas tree into a Crèche Tree — Crèchemania's very own, with beautiful musical arrangements by
    Dan Goeller.

How many paper nativities you can get on your Crèche Tree! 

I have been spending pleasant hours during my pre-Christmas travel hiatus to work on the redesign of Crechemania.com. Your response to the new, easier-to-navitage design? Overwheliming: in just a few days, almost 2,000 free downloads have been sent out into the world ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
  5. Candles Triptych — A Free Download

In three layers created out of a single sheet, the Magi adore and candles burn brightly — the Candle Triptych.   
    "Up In the Air" is a new movie about a man who lives out of his suitcase, and I can't wait to see it.

I'll be comparing the verisimilitude of the picture with my experience this summer when I was on the go for almost three months.

I've been sharing some of my journey on this blog, but what I haven't had time to share with you ...
    Categories
    Alexis' Blog
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast